Working directly with girls can be a powerful experience for both you and the girls. And because the girls will be counting on you, it also requires a significant commitment from volunteers.
We ask direct volunteers to:
- Commit to 10 visits over the course of a year (minimum of one hour per visit) – that’s roughly once a month
- Attend a 2-hour orientation (see upcoming dates below)
- Pay for and complete a background check
- You must be 18 or older to volunteer
Here are the primary opportunities we have for you to work with Girls Inc. girls:
Center Support – 3:30 to 6 p.m., Monday – Thursday
Join us after school at one of our two locations below, for snack, play time and homework help. Your presence will help make a difference.
Lucille Devore Tucker (LDT) Center
686 N. Seventh St.
Memphis, TN 38107
South Park Center
1568 Robin Hood Ln.
Memphis, TN 38111
Ready to commit? Contact Vicki Cararyiannis by email at email@example.com to introduce yourself. Upcoming dates for orientation sessions are:
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020 – 9 to 11 a.m. – 910 Vance Ave., Conference Room B’
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020 – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. – 901 Vance., Conference Room B