What is Eureka!
Eureka! is a 5 year comprehensive program designed to inspire girls ages 12 to 18 to pursue their academic and career interests, especially in Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) related fields.
Girls enter the program the summer before their eighth grade year and continue through their high school graduation.
The Eureka! Program is designed to meet the intellectual, social, physical and emotional needs of adolescent girls through a combination of engaging STEM, sports, personal and career development activities.
Check out this PDF for more details about the Eureka programming
| STEM-literate girls...
• Are not only innovators and critical thinkers, but are able to make meaningful connections between school, community, work and global issues.
• Can enroll in a college-level course of study in science, technology, engineering, and math without the need for remediation.
Eureka! Workplace Exploration Program:
• After completing at least 2 years of Eureka!, girls are eligible to participate in the Workplace Exploration Program.
• Girls spend 8 days getting hands-on, real-world work experience.
• Possible workplace fields: techonolgy, science, biotech, engineering, architecture, healthcare, law, finance, media, TV/radio, public service
• Past sponsors include: Le Bonheur Children's Hospital,
We need Eureka volunteers!
If you have an interest in STEM or resources to offer for STEM-related field, please consider becoming a Girls Inc. volunteer.
Contact Britnee McKinney to learn more.